- Market sizing
- Opportunity assessment
- Strategies of key Market players
Convergence Catalyst brings vast operations and consulting experience in the telecom domain, having actively participated in India's explosive Telecom growth in the last decade. Convergence Catalyst therefore offers a unique domain insights and expertise from within the industry. The Founders have dabbled as technocrats, product marketers, analysts and strategy consultants. With in-depth understanding of technology, regulation, operations and economics of the TMT value chain, Convergence Catalyst will actively track trends to publish reports and analyst notes on the latest industry developments.
Convergence Catalyst brings the experience of authoring various position papers and forward-looking market reports. Convergence Catalyst will cover topics ranging from spectrum bidding strategies, operational strategies, market shares, challenges faced by companies, growth drivers, potential of various VAS services and their revenues, subscriber & device sales projections, and analysis of current and future strategies of various players across the telecom value chain.
Report: Tablet Ecosystem in India – Current State, Potential and Outlook
Convergence Catalyst released the first and most comprehensive report on Indian tablets market in November 2011. This report looks at global trends, applications and use cases for tablets, the current state of Indian market, challenges and the outlook for the Indian tablet market supported by key insights, data and analysis. It also highlighted the potential and opportunity in India, which served as a strategic tool for category players.
This report can be downloaded at - http://www.convergencecatalyst.com/downloads.php
Report: India Smartphone Outlook for 2012
Convergence Catalyst released the India Smartphone Outlook for 2012 in February 2012. This report analyzed the existing and emerging trends and forecasted the total number of smartphone sales in India by ASP (Average Selling Point) and OS (Operating System). The report also analyzed the key trends and strategies of various players across the value chain
This report is available at India Smartphone outlook for 2012
- Product Strategy
- Product portfolio & roadmap development
- Technical marketing – Definition of feature set & specifications
- Business case development & RoI estimation
- Pricing & positioning strategies
- Placement plan
- Marketing plan
- Competitive analysis
Convergence Catalyst's understanding, experience in Telecom, emerging technologies, devices, business models and market dynamics enables them to identify the right product and service opportunities and also define the best go-to-market strategy.
Convergence Catalyst Past Experience in Include:
- Product Specification & UI definition for Next Generation Automotive Route Guidance Navigation System
- Product Management for CDMA base stations
- Technical Marketing for implementation of S-HLRs
- Product Management for early Mobile Browsers (WAP) on Handsets
- Driving Handset Portfolios in GSM and CDMA
- Successfully launching tens of GSM & CDMA mobile devices (from low-tier, mass market devices to smartphones) across various consumer segments over the last decade. Key milestones included:
- Launching of first music phone in India in 2004
- Introducing the first sub $50 Music phone with external memory card in India in 2008
- Driving the bundling of various games, applications and multimedia content (including full track audio, video and movie) to strengthen the core value proposition of mobile devices
- Involvement in launching India’s first mobile music store in 2007
- Driving Handset Portfolio and ‘Open Market Handsets’ initiative for leading Indian CDMA carriers
Global Telecom Software Product Company: Go to market strategy development including product offering strategy, feature customization, key partner identification and partnership model for mobile cloud and third-party Android application store offerings
Convergence Catalyst was engaged by a global telecom software product organization to develop a go-to-market strategy including a comprehensive product offering recommendations for their mobile cloud and android application store offerings in India. Key deliverables of this project include estimation of market size, potential, characteristics, competition & profiling of key players to target basis client’s key value proposition to the marketplace. The scope also encapsulated key technical and feature recommendations, identifying potential partners and development of customized partnership model for each player.
Telecom Technology Service Provider: Product offering strategy and business advisory including product marketing and identification of key partners for end-to-end digital university solution
Convergence Catalyst is currently engaged with a telecom technology service provider to develop a complete product offering strategy including identification of key market & product requirements, key partners, competitive analysis, positioning and business model for an end-to-end digital university solution including digital education platform, content and customized tablets.
- Due diligence of product offerings and business models
- Investor pitch book development
Convergence Catalyst constantly engages with both emerging and established companies in the TMT domain and with investor community. This enables Convergence Catalyst to identify companies with tremendous growth potential for investors and also handhold various companies seeking capital infusion.
Past experience includes working with investors and startups:
- Due diligence of Indian mobile handset companies leading to a $45 million investment in a leading Indian mobile brand for a Global Private Equity Investor
- Worked with a leading homegrown VAS company to raise equity in their second round funding
Major Indian Private Equity Firm: Identifying high growth opportunities in wireless, wireline and satellite communication domains
An Indian private equity firm (with a fresh USD 700 mn fund for telecom investments) engaged Convergence Catalyst to gain comprehensive understanding of various fundamentals, network elements and their functionality, operational parameters and their business implications of multiple technologies in the wireless, wireline and satellite communication domains. The scope encapsulated RF planning in 2G, 3G & 4G technologies, cellular network planning, transmission equipment, spectrum allocation, enterprise data networks (MPLS, VPN, Carrier-Ethernet, etc), DTH & IPTV technologies. The project also included the estimation of market potential and key economics of HFC network deployment. This engagement helped the investor team to assess market opportunity and growth potential of various value chain players in these industries.
Global Multi-Stage Investment Firm: Technology due diligence of a DaaS 2.0 (Data as a Service) company for a global venture capital firm of USD 3.7 Bn raised capital
Convergence Catalyst was engaged by a California based global early to late stage investment firm to conduct technology due diligence of a young DaaS 2.0 (Data as a Service) startup, whose current manifestation of this (in terms of a product) is Competitive Intelligence on companies using the crowd-sourced model. The project involved evaluating at a high-level the current business model and future plans of the startup and conducting deep-dive interviews of their technical team to understand their system architecture, infrastructure in terms of hardware and software, scalability and engineering capabilities and evaluating them. CC’s assessment and recommendation led to USD 17.3 million investment by the VC firm in the startup.
- Market assessment
- Forecast analysis
- Key partner identification
- Competitive intelligence
Convergence Catalyst combines its domain expertise and industry network to partner with various companies offering multiple custom research services such as assessment of specific market opportunities, projections and forecasting, identifying key partners across the value chain to help companies succeed and gather valuable insights and intelligence of industry dynamics.
Prior experience offering subscription based custom research reports include:
- Benchmarking of all Telecom R&D centers in India and mobile handset sales and market share report for a leading Multinational Mobile handset maker
- India TMT & VAS market analysis and implications for services strategy for world leader mobile handset brand
- India wireless service advisory for a leading Canada-based mobile handset company
Global Technology Giant: Identifying key opportunities in the Indian Higher Education sector for entry and business growth
Convergence Catalyst was engaged by a leading Fortune 50 global technology company to identify key opportunities in the Indian Higher Education sector to potentially offer their products, which include Laptops, Tablets and Smartphones. This project included extensive research to create a database of all the higher educational institutes in India by various parameters including stream, state and district and identifying potential targets using specific filters.
Leading Global Software Product Company: Analyzing the growth potential of the company's SMS based services platform, by evaluating the current and future technology landscape of SMS based services market in India
Convergence Catalyst has been engaged by a leading (Fortune 1000) global software company to validate the technical implementation of their SMS based services platform and analyze its future growth potential. This project entailed deep-dive interviews with key industry experts to seek intelligence on industry average for various service quality parameters such as end-to-end response times, latencies, priority settings, throttling checks & queuing logics for various long-code & short-code based SMS services in India and comparing Intuit’s txtWeb platform’s performance with industry standards. Convergence Catalyst identified potential issues in scalability and service quality of txtWeb services and recommended both technology & business solutions.
Why Convergence Catalyst?
- Focused TMT domain expertise
- Sustained competitive advantage
- Quick turnaround times
- Managed services for product management and product marketing functions
- Extensive industry network enabling real-time feel of the industry pulse and market dynamics
- Flexible engagement models