- Market sizing
- Opportunity assessment
- Strategies of key Market players
Convergence Catalyst brings vast operations and consulting experience in the telecom domain, having actively participated in India's explosive Telecom growth in the last decade. Convergence Catalyst therefore offers a unique domain insights and expertise from within the industry. The Founders have dabbled as technocrats, product marketers, analysts and strategy consultants. With in-depth understanding of technology, regulation, operations and economics of the TMT value chain, Convergence Catalyst will actively track trends to publish reports and analyst notes on the latest industry developments.
Convergence Catalyst brings the experience of authoring various position papers and forward-looking market reports. Convergence Catalyst will cover topics ranging from spectrum bidding strategies, operational strategies, market shares, challenges faced by companies, growth drivers, potential of various VAS services and their revenues, subscriber & device sales projections, and analysis of current and future strategies of various players across the telecom value chain.
- Product Strategy
- Product portfolio & roadmap development
- Technical marketing – Definition of feature set & specifications
- Business case development & RoI estimation
- Pricing & positioning strategies
- Placement plan
- Marketing plan
- Competitive analysis
Convergence Catalyst's understanding, experience in Telecom, emerging technologies, devices, business models and market dynamics enables them to identify the right product and service opportunities and also define the best go-to-market strategy.
Convergence Catalyst Past Experience in Include:
- Product Specification & UI definition for Next Generation Automotive Route Guidance Navigation System
- Product Management for CDMA base stations
- Technical Marketing for implementation of S-HLRs
- Product Management for early Mobile Browsers (WAP) on Handsets
- Driving Handset Portfolios in GSM and CDMA
- Successfully launching tens of GSM & CDMA mobile devices (from low-tier, mass market devices to smartphones) across various consumer segments over the last decade. Key milestones included:
- Launching of first music phone in India in 2004
- Introducing the first sub $50 Music phone with external memory card in India in 2008
- Driving the bundling of various games, applications and multimedia content (including full track audio, video and movie) to strengthen the core value proposition of mobile devices
- Involvement in launching India’s first mobile music store in 2007
- Driving Handset Portfolio and ‘Open Market Handsets’ initiative for leading Indian CDMA carriers
- Due diligence of product offerings and business models
- Investor pitch book development
Convergence Catalyst constantly engages with both emerging and established companies in the TMT domain and with investor community. This enables Convergence Catalyst to identify companies with tremendous growth potential for investors and also handhold various companies seeking capital infusion.
Past experience includes working with investors and startups:
- Due diligence of Indian mobile handset companies leading to a $45 million investment in a leading Indian mobile brand for a Global Private Equity Investor
- Worked with a leading homegrown VAS company to raise equity in their second round funding
- Market assessment
- Forecast analysis
- Key partner identification
- Competitive intelligence
Convergence Catalyst combines its domain expertise and industry network to partner with various companies offering multiple custom research services such as assessment of specific market opportunities, projections and forecasting, identifying key partners across the value chain to help companies succeed and gather valuable insights and intelligence of industry dynamics.
Prior experience offering subscription based custom research reports include:
- Benchmarking of all Telecom R&D centers in India and mobile handset sales and market share report for a leading Multinational Mobile handset maker
- India TMT & VAS market analysis and implications for services strategy for world leader mobile handset brand
- India wireless service advisory for a leading Canada-based mobile handset company
Why Convergence Catalyst?
- Focused TMT domain expertise
- Sustained competitive advantage
- Quick turnaround times
- Managed services for product management and product marketing functions
- Extensive industry network enabling real-time feel of the industry pulse and market dynamics
- Flexible engagement models